Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Brothers Bloom


Tonight I went to see The Brothers Bloom. Overall, the movie is pretty perfect, and visually it's fantastic. The colors, locations, and fashion make it a cinematic feast for the eyes. Rachel Weisz was adorable, the men were sexy in crisp blacks and whites, and Rinko Kikuchi, well, Bang Bang was just plain awesome. It's one of those movies - like The Royal Tenenbaums -that's hard to place in any one specific time period. It looks like it could have taken place during the 60's, or 70's, or today.

It was gorgeous. I laughed and laughed. I love this movie!



I'm pretty sure each one of Rachel Weisz's outfits in the movie included at least one predominant vintage piece (or a new item directly created from an old design), like a dress or a coat. There was a pinkish-orange dress in one scene that was straight out of the 60's, but I haven't been able to find a picture of it.






No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin