Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Adventures in Knitting


Book: Knitting New Mittens and Gloves


So I'm heading to my first knitting class tonight - lately I've become determined to learn how to really knit, read patterns and actually be able to follow them. I've had the idea in the back of my mind for a while, thinking, "Oh, I wish I knew how to knit and make little things out of yarn. That would be nice." But now that the weather has gotten really cold, I've decided that I AM going to learn. The biggest thing on my to-learn list: mittens and wristwarmers. While I was visiting Salem, MA a week or so before Halloween, I stopped into the lovely
Seed Stitch Fine Yarn Store and just fell in love. While I was there, I came across this book, which has been providing me with endless inspiration for good things to make. I can't wait to get started! ... One of my favorite things about this book is, of course, the beautiful photography by Tyllie Barbosa. You can check out some of her work here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin