Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Creating the mood



Dreaming of a white....

I'm the type of person who really NEEDS snow to get into the Christmas spirit. Maybe not on a consistent basis all throughout the month of December, but I need to at least see and feel snow around me to start getting that old familiar feeling. Usually by this time in upstate New York, we've had at least one or two decent snow storms. But this year - nada. I've barely even seen a dusting on the ground!

I'm also beginning to notice that Christmastime doesn't quite seem the same when you live alone. This is my first year living alone on Christmas, and something just feels off. Today I broke out my yearly Christmas tunes (Bing, Elvis, and this classic album to name a few), draped some pine garland over the mantle, set out some holly, lit my brand new pine-scented Yankee Candle, and plugged in the twinkle lights. It's still early in the month, and I'm hoping for a snow storm any day now. In the meantime, here are some things to help with the inspiration...




these adorable printable gift tags from seventyandsunny


these little santas

this beautiful and simple display

and these ornaments - i think this is my favorite image so far this season.

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin