Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summertime



It's really, actually starting to feel like summer. It's started staying light outside until nearly 9pm, the humidity is beginning to hang in the air, and it seems every night in my neighborhood there is the familiar smell of a charcoal grill. I have a really teeny tiny apartment, not the most suitable place for entertaining, but now that summer's hit I've decided to throw that logic out the window.

One of the great things about living in the city is the ability to escape your living quarters and overflow into whatever *other* space you have available - whether it's a terrace, small yard, front steps, or perched at a little table on the sidewalk, talking to strangers as they pass by. Last night I had some friends over for dinner & drinks. We ate & talked until well after dark. It was fabulous.

Happy Summer to you all.
xo

3 comments:

Char said...

I love the thought of dinner spilling out onto the terrace or fire escape. I imagine that with the sounds of the city to serenade me. Beautiful

Little Gray Pixel said...

I've been feeling super summery lately, as well. I keep wanting to jump in the pool, but the breeze is a little chilly for that.

Kim said...

do we know when the first official day of summer is? sometime in june, yes?

Followers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin