Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Monday!


This Monday signals the beginning of a very special week. A two-day work week. Turkey, stuffing, and all the pie you can eat. Santa's arrival in New York City. But this year, the final week in November is even more special because on Friday, one of my oldest and best friends will be getting married. Gina and I have been the closest of friends since we were thirteen, and we've been through every up and down together, side by side. I am thankful to have had her as such a wonderful friend for so many years, and I couldn't be more happy for this next phase she is about to enter in her life. At the same time I find myself feeling just a little bit sad, because the start of something new always signifies the end of something else. And although we haven't been children for quite some time, this event - more than any other - forces me to watch our childhood really fading into the past.


No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin